Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I have decided that the saying "You are as old as you feel" is really true. I don't feel 32 that is for sure! I can't remember feeling any different than I do now than I did in my 20's. I look pretty much the same as I did then and I actually am in better shape than I was then, especially since I was pregnant twice in my 20's. It is just sad that so much in today's society is hinged upon how old you are; I can't remember the last time I filled out any form that didn't ask for my age. Why does it matter so much? Just one of those "things" I guess. I wonder why birthdays are such a time for reflection. A time to sit back and contemplate where you are and where you are going. We took the kids to Kung Fu Panda over the weekend and it had one of the most profound lines in it. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why they call it the present". Cool, huh? I really hope I can try harder to reflect on that as I continue to age. :0)

No comments: