Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Me and my hot husband chilling in my parent's backyard over the 4th of July weekend.
Kim and and her boyfriend Justin doing the same.
Monte, Crista and Sam joined us as well.
All of the grandkids swinging on the swingset.
The kiddos making a 4th of July treat while they play in the sprinklers.

Well, here are the pictires of the 4th of July trip to Page, I am finally blogging them almost two weeks later. We had a great time at my mom and dad's house over the 4th, it was so HOT though. I never remember a 4th of July that hot in my youth but I guess it was a lot easier to handle back then, another sign of being old I am sure. We had a fabulous time at the parade, park, rafting the Colorado River (pictures to come because we took those on a waterproof camera because I didn't trust myself enough to take my own), eating (of course), and visiting with family. This was the first time since last Easter that we had all been together, in fact I hadn't even met Sam, Monte and Crista'a baby, yet and he was born in December. The kids got along and played so well together and it was so nice to see everyone. My mom and dad even babysat the kids one evening so the siblings and their significant others could spend a night on the town, Page actually has a crazy good sushi place now. It was such a wonderful trip. Jason and I left the kids in Page for a week of camping with grandma and grandpa.
It was so wonderful to have some alone time with Jason, I loved EVERY minute of it. I mostly worked on Cassidy's room while she was gone. I painted it and redecorated it for her 8th birthday present, her birthday is on the 20th of this month. She seemed to be really happy with how it came out, I just thought it was time for a change since her room had been the same since she was 2 years old. We also went to a few movies and dinner a couple of times, relaxed at home, and went to Bear Lake for a night. We coodinated our schedule with our friends Mike and Rachelle and they sent their kids to St. George to spend time with her parents at the same time our kids were gone so we hung out with them a lot as well, in fact they went to Bear Lake with us. It was great, we will have to do that annually!

No comments: