Thursday, January 25, 2007

It has been awhile for me but I do have an excuse. My computer at work is where I like to post my blogs because it has a faster connection than my home computer. Well, my computer at work is broken and they have to order a part to fix it, it is so upsetting. So here I sit in my freezing cold basement trying to get a blog up at snail speed. Sniff, sniff.
Not much new to report here anyways. We are all recovering from a nasty flu that started through the family about this time last week. Cassidy got sick in the night Wednesday night-early Thursday morning. She was awesome and made it to the bathroom everytime. I would just hear the toilet seat fly up and go running to help her. She was so sick at one point she laid on the bathroom floor and cried, "Why me? Why am I so sick?". It was one of the saddest things ever. Well, Thursday night-early Friday Zack caught the same flu, only he wasn't as good about making it to the toilet. About 3:00 in the morning he comes running into my room very excited. "Mommy, come here, I need to show you something." He goes running back into his room with me dragging behind to show me the throw-up in his bed. He was so proud. Needless to say I spent the next thrity minutes changing sheets and pj's, starting a load of laundry and getting Zack back to bed (Jason slept through the entire thing, or course). I took a sick day and stayed home with Cassidy and then Jason stayed home with Zack on Friday. I scrubbed the house good trying to get every little germ and Lysoled every surface I could think of but the inevitable happened. Sunday evening, after devouring a delicious Coke roast, thanks for the recipe Ronna, I caught it too. I was up most of Sunday night as sick as I ever remember being. Jason was a saint! He went to the gym at his normal 5:30 but came home and got the kids ready, on the bus and to the sitter's house. This gave me 4 hours of quiet time to relax and sleep. Then, he picked Zack up at the sitter's, came home to make sure I was OK, then went back to work for the afternoon. He was home by a little before 4:00 so I could rest some more. I was awestruck. I think that is the first time as a mom I have been allowed to be "sick" with out having to take care of the kids at the same time. Jason didn't catch the flu, per say, but he has had a nasty headache and felt a bit queasy the last few days. Not that you wanted to know all of the ins and outs of our illness, but now you are all up to date.
As for last weekend goes, Jason had two friends over to help him get the mud and tape started in the rest of the basement. All we have left to finish is the laundry room and the room we have decided to designate the kids playroom. They worked at it for about 5 hours then Jason spent most of Sunday doing the same. He had to go and buy some more mud but hopes to be done with this step soon. I hope so because I need to get my washer and drier hooked back up in the near future because the laundry is starting to pile up.
This weekend I thought it would be fun to surprise Jason with a date night between all of his mudding and taping. Don't tell him but I have a babysitter all lined up for about 4 hours on Saturday so we can get away and go to a movie and get dinner. I thought it would be fun to think of a creative way to ask him out but I don't know if I am going to go that far or not. Other than that there is nothing new and exciting to tell. I will try to take pictures of something to include in my next blog. Til' then.

No comments: