Thursday, March 15, 2007

Happy late birthday to Jen! I hope you had a great birthday on Tuesday. Is this the big 30? For those of you who don't know Jen she was my college roommate back at Dixie College. She has been one of my best friends for a long time and probably knows me better than most anyone. We had a great time in St. George and I really miss our carefree and wild days sometimes. Two years ago I flew out to Washington D.C. to spend my Spring Break with her. She lives there and works for the state department, probably one of the most scholastic people I know. I envy her for her love of learning and history. She knew everything there was to know about historical facts of D.C. and was the best tour guide ever. I hope your day was special and love you so much Jen.
We have been having the most wonderful weather here the past few days. That coupled with the day light saving time change is making it hard for me to get the kids to come inside and go to bed. I have to drag them out of bed every morning while they ask me why I am waking them up when it is still dark outside. It is so sad. I love this time of year. The anticipation of summer is so much fun. I love pulling out the light jackets and capri pants. Unfortunately, Utah weather changes so frequently I know that we are in no way done with winter. I know it will snow at least one or two more times before it warms up for good.
Jason, the kids and I have been busy lately. Even though Jason got me the best compact camera for taking pictures I regret to say that I forget to bring it with me almost every time. Last Friday Jason and I used the free passes that we got back in October at a Warren Miller movie to go skiing at The Canyons. It was so fun to play hookie from work, leave the kids at school/sitter and have a day to ourselves. Jason is really good on the snow but since I get out like once every two-three years it took me a while to relax my "V" and go fast at all. Jason was such a gentleman and would wait for me as he would go down the hill so as not to leave me in his powder dust. The Canyons is obviously where the more upscale people go skiing. It was so beautiful. There were a ton of kids taking lessons that day. It is a bit overwhelming to be going down a ski hill in my "V", trying not to fall when a three year old flies by me. Oh well. We need to take our kids while they are still fearless. It was a beautiful day and tons of fun! Yesterday we finally took Cassidy to Chuck E. Cheese's for earning all green's in February. It is in South Salt Lake so it is quite a drive but the pizza was good and the games were fun. Zack was so worried about running out of tokens, it was so funny. We had a great time and made it home just in time for bed. I wonder what prize she will choose for March?
Hope everyone is doing as well as we are. I am excited for Spring to get into full swing and for summer to get here. I bought two new swim suits and am so excited to break them in. YEA!

1 comment:

Jennifer O'Neal said...

Hey Allison! Thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes and the voicemail message. I will call--I promise. Sorry I haven't replied to your earlier email as well. My aunt passed away last week and I had to take a last minute trip to Oregon. Sad, but good to see family. I will call this weekend so we can chat. Love ya tons, Jen