Tuesday, January 29, 2008






Happy 60th Birthday Dad! We spent Martin Luther King Day weekend visiting my parents and throwing my dad a surprise party at his favorite Mexican restaurant. The waiters always put frosting on your face and a sombrero on your head for your special day but they went over the top for the big guy. It was really fun seeing some of my family and family friends over the long weekend.

My mom's dog, Patches, died last month. So, while she was in Phoenix helping Monte and Crista with the new baby she decided to get a new puppy. Miley, named after Hannah Montana's counterpart by my children, is a toy fox terrier and so cute. The kids had a great time playing with her while we were in town.

We also had the opportunity to visit with Grandpa Rudy and Grandma Barbara while we were down south. We stayed a night with them and had a great visit. They both looked so good and grandma was cooking up a storm, as usual. We met Slade's (Jason's cousin) wife, Tarah, and had a fun time getting to know her and taking a tour of their new home. All in all it was a nice visit and a fun trip.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How fun! I am so jealous, I have been missing Rudy and Barbara! Your dad's party looked like a blast, I couldn't tell if he was liking the frosting or not though! How funny