Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I promise to post all of the pictures from the end of April-present as soon as I get a chance. I think I will wait until I have pictures of Cassidy playing softball and Zack playing machine pitch baseball as well as Jason's mom's visit this weekend.
The end of this school year has been kind of bitter sweet. I am always happy to end another school year and have time to hang out with my own kids for a while but this was my first class in ten years that was mine and mine alone. Job sharing is great and I loved the freedom in gave me to be a mom while my kids were little but I missed running a classroom on my own. Though there were a few kids that were, how do I put this delicately, jerks, this year was one I will always remember. My students rocked! They won more awards than any class I have ever taught including medals at the math/science olympiad, the highest reading class for reading minutes in the school, the highest reading student in the school, the second highest reading student in the school, and numerous others. They were honestly the best class I ever had and I hope that the bar isn't too high for the kids that will follow them in my classroom.
As far as summer goes we have a lot to look forward to. Like I already said, Jason's mom and her husband Ted will be here this weekend, we will be going camping with our friends the Player's at Yuba Lake the middle of June, the Pfister Pfamily Pfunction in July at Bear Lake, going out on our boat and enjoying the sun, and a few summer workshops for school that I am actually kind of excited to attend. I love hanging out with Cassidy and Zack in the summer, I only hope they look forward to it and enjoy it as much as I do. ;)

1 comment:

Besther said...

wow allison! that is so exciting-that you had such a fabulous year in 5th grade, and that it is summer break now! you must have worked very hard this year (of course you did) to see such progress with your class. well done. :) that group of kids needed a great year of school and you gave it to them. so enjoy your summer, play, relax, enjoy your family...your hard work pays off in more ways than one! :) miss you friend!